Perhaps the most common question our team hears is: how much will a church website cost me?
We understand. Pricing is important, and you want to know how much a project like this will cost before you sign any contract or get too deep in the designing process.
However, it’s not exactly an easy question to answer. Website pricing can vary on the size of your church, what content you want included, and how you plan to maintain your site.
That being said, we’re going to try and answer this question in the most concise way possible. So, bear with us, and let’s figure out how much a church website costs for your congregation!
Here at Yemba Digital, we value being honest with our clients. That being said, we know that our websites aren’t always the only or cheapest option.
There are some companies out there that offer very low setup prices and average monthly hosting fees. However, they only offer website templates. This means your church will still have the responsibility of doing all the building and customizing yourselves.
Options like these can be great if your church is looking for something cheaper and quicker. However, keep in mind that these will be more work and less customizable than hiring a web design company. Here are a few pros and cons to help you decide if that plan works best for you.
- These websites are cheap! Since they use templates instead of custom design, you can buy a website for a very affordable price.
- They come with ready-to-use templates. Even if you have little web design experience, you can fill in a website template.
- Your time is limited. There’s only so many hours in a day, so if you’re already too busy, it could be hard to find the time to get the site done in a timely manner.
- You have to do the work yourself. You’ll have to create all the content, customize each page, and complete the design on your own.
- Less customization available. You won’t have as much freedom designing your website. You’ll have a set few templates to choose from and that’s that.
- The site can’t be migrated. If you move hosting providers/don’t want to use these companies anymore, you can’t take the website with you. You’ll have to rebuild it somewhere else.
- Not as SEO-friendly. Because these sites are less customizable, you’ll have less opportunities to do SEO work on your site.
Now, let’s look at what a church website costs at our company.
For many smaller churches, our websites only cost moderately more than a church website builder. But, included in our price, we’ll do all the work of building the site for you. Your church will provide insight on the design, photos/videos, and some content about your church, but our team will fully handle the development from start to finish.
For larger churches, though the prices may be more expensive upfront, you’ll receive more customization and have more freedom with your design and content.
We’ll take on the burden of building a church website for you so that your congregation is free to do what you do best—ministering to your community
Here at Yemba Digital, our base charge is determined by the number of members in your congregation. This number usually determines how many pages you will need and how long it will take to work on your ministry and/or staff pages. Let’s look at each tier below.
If your church has…
0 - 49Members
- The base cost will be $600. This cost covers the basic page set including Home, About, Ministry, Staff, Giving, Beliefs, and Contact pages.
50 - 99Members
- A website for this size of church will run you $1,200. This cost covers the basic pages described above as well as an Events page. This also covers a Sermons page if your church’s sermons are already uploaded on a YouTube page.
- If your sermons are recorded on a different platform, we’ll evaluate how much it will cost to have them uploaded to your site manually.
100 - 149Members
- The base cost is set at $1,800. You’ll receive every page mentioned above as well as a New Here for potential visitors. We’ll also build an individual page for each of your church’s ministries and a bio page for each staff member.
- (Here’s an example of a New Here page on one of our current client’s sites. It gives all the necessary information a potential visitor may want to know before visiting your church.)
150 - 299Members
- These websites are priced at $2,400. Once again, this includes everything mentioned above, but your website will also have an embedded live stream of your church’s Sunday service.
300 - 499Members
- This will cost $3,000. A church of this size will have everything included in the 150-299 member range. However, due to the increased size of the church, it will require more ministry and staff pages which will ultimately take more time and cost more.
- For a church this size, we don’t have a set cost. This will be a custom price. Your church’s website will include everything listed above, but the price will vary depending on how many staff, ministry, and other pages are needed for a congregation your size.
- At Yemba Digital, we only charge church plants $600 for a church website. Our team knows what it’s like to be just starting out. In fact, every member of our team has been part of a church plant in some way!
- This includes the same features as the plan for churches with under 50 members. But, we’ll also set up an online giving platform and link to your church’s sermons if they’re on YouTube.
In addition to your church website cost, you also have the opportunity to pay an extra fee for website maintenance. (Check out our article on website maintenance to see exactly what this includes.)
You can choose to perform any website maintenance in-house, or you can purchase a plan from us. Maintenance fees will be charged on a monthly basis. You can choose between:
- Hosting and Security
This will run $50 per month. We’ll provide reliable hosting and run security to prevent and handle any issues your website may run into. Included with security, we’ll perform necessary WordPress core, plugin, and theme updates to keep your website running smoothly.
- Monthly Updates
This will run $100 per month. This includes hosting, security, and the above necessary updates, but also covers content updates to your site’s existing pages up to 1 hour per month.
- Weekly Updates
This will run $200 per month. You’ll receive the hosting, security, and site updates, and this plan covers content updates to existing pages up to 1 hour per week.
Though these pricing tiers are a great guideline, the prices aren’t totally set in stone. Your congregation may want to add extra features like online giving, sermon uploads, and more. The more you customize your website, the more your church website may cost.
To get the most accurate price possible, reach out to our team today for a quote. We would love the opportunity to serve you and figure out exactly what your church website costs.
We're here to do the hard work for you.
We can’t wait to talk about your church website.
Let’s set up a call.