Just like with churches, another common question our team hears is: how much will this nonprofit website cost?
While a perfectly valid question, it’s not exactly easy to answer. For nonprofit websites, there’s not usually a set price. The cost can depend on the size of your organization, the level of customization you want, or how many pages your website needs.
That being said, we’re going to try and answer this question in the most concise way possible. So, bear with us, and let’s figure out how much a nonprofit website costs for your team!
Can I Do it Myself?
Here at Yemba Digital, we value being honest with our clients. We know that there are other options for building a nonprofit website. Applications like WordPress (which we use!) and other website builders will let anyone try their hand at website building. Rather than paying someone to do the work for you, you’ll have to pay for hosting (either offered through your website building platform or separately depending on how you choose to build your site), a domain name, and other fees.
However, building your own website isn’t always the easiest option. Here are a few pros and cons for building a nonprofit website yourself.
- Building it yourself can be cheaper. If you’re doing all the work yourself, you won’t have to pay for a third party to design or build your website for you.
- You can maintain it yourself. If you build your own website, you know how it works. You can make changes, perform updates, and keep it up and running on your own.
- It takes more time. If you don’t have experience with website design, it won’t be a quick and easy task. Especially if your days are already filled with running your nonprofit organization.
- You have to do the work yourself. You’ll have to create all the content, customize each page, and complete the design on your own.
- Less efficient SEO work. Unless you’re an SEO expert, you might not know the SEO best practices to keep in mind while building your website.
- You might have to hire someone anyway. If you don’t have much experience with website design, you could run into a problem that you don’t know how to fix. Then, you’ll have to find someone to help you anyway.
Now, let’s look at what a nonprofit website costs with our company.
Remember, when you hire our team, we do all the work of building the site for you. Your nonprofit will provide insight on the design, photos/videos, and some content about your church, but our team will fully handle the development from start to finish.
This leaves your organization free to do what you do best—impacting the community around you.
Here at Yemba Digital, we separate nonprofit websites into different categories depending on the number of pages your organization needs. Below, we’ll dive into what features are included in each category.
Before we start, many of our websites start with templates. Our team will look through over 600 templates to find a few options that match your nonprofit’’s personality and needs. Then, we’ll let you decide which one works best for your team. (Here, you can view the templates that you may be given to choose from.)
Once a template is chosen, we’ll upload it to the website and begin designing pages based on which pricing tier you choose. We’ll use the template as a guideline, but you can customize the color scheme, fonts, and, of course, pictures.
Now, let’s look at the categories.
Custom Landing Page Template
- The base cost for a landing page is $400. This is a one page website that contains only the necessary information about your organization and one contact form.
Customized Template5 pages
- This tier costs $900 and comes with 5 custom pages: Home, About, Services/Mission, Contact, and Donate.
Customized TemplateUp to 10 pages
- For $2,100, you’ll receive up to 10 pages on your nonprofit website. This includes the 5 pages mentioned in the previous tier, but you’ll also receive 5 extra pages of your choosing.
- These extra pages can depend on what your organization specifically needs. Possible options include Staff, Event, and individual Services pages.
- At this tier, your website will be entirely custom designed with no set page limit. We’ll meet with your team to discuss exactly what you want your website to look like and the development features you want included (online fundraising, educational courses, etc.)
- Keep in mind that custom websites will vary heavily in pricing. Though this is the most expensive tier we offer, the exact cost will depend on what you want included in your website. The more complex and the more developed that you need your website, the more it will cost. Cost can also vary depending on the size of your organization.
- Here’s an example of a custom website we developed for a client: A Simple Word.
Depending on your organization, you may need additional services with your nonprofit website design. Here are the 3 additional services we currently offer:
If your team doesn’t have the means (or simply doesn’t want) to provide content about your organization, you can pay for our resident content writer to write the copy instead.
Your team can pass along relevant information and specific details you want included, and our writer will turn it into ?? You’ll have the chance to review and request changes before the content is added to the website.
Pricing will vary depending on how many pages of content are needed.
- Providing Images
If your organization doesn’t have enough images to fill your website with, our team can provide relevant stock photos that fit with the theme and mission of your organization.
Pricing will vary depending on how many photos your organization needs.
- Domain Purchase
If your organization doesn’t have an existing domain name, or you’re looking to change it, we can help you find and purchase one.
Price varies per domain, but it usually comes out to around $20/year.
In addition to your nonprofit website cost, you can also pay an extra fee for website maintenance. (Check out our article on website maintenance to see exactly what a website maintenance plan includes.)
You can choose to perform any website maintenance in-house, or you can purchase a plan from us. Maintenance fees will be charged on a monthly basis. You can choose between:
- Hosting and Security
This will run $50 per month. We’ll provide reliable hosting and run security to prevent and handle any issues your website may run into. Included with security, we’ll perform necessary WordPress core, plugin, and theme updates to keep your website running smoothly.
- Monthly Updates
This will run $100 per month. This includes hosting, security, and the above necessary updates, but also covers content updates to your site’s existing pages up to 1 hour per month.
- Weekly Updates
This will run $200 per month. You’ll receive the hosting, security, and site updates, and this plan covers content updates to existing pages up to 1 hour per week.
We like to use these categories and tiers as a guideline, but pricing isn’t set in stone. If your nonprofit organization wants extra features or customizations, it can increase the cost.
For the most accurate quote possible, reach out to our team at Yemba Digital. We would love to talk about your project and figure out how we can best serve your organization.
We're here to do the hard work for you.
We can’t wait to talk about your nonprofit website.
Let’s set up a call.